Friday, March 31, 2017

So excited!

So excited!

As a teacher, the last day of the month is payday... so that's today!

I adjusted my 403b contributions this month from $800 to $1000. The difference in my net paycheck was only $140! I love pretax retirement contributions! I feel like it's free money, to the tune of $60!

I am making almost exactly the same amount of money that I was making pre-raise, but now I'm contributing $200 more a month towards retirement!

We didn't start as early as we should have, so now we are playing catch up! It's our goal to get caught up! Every raise, both The Husband's and my own, has gone, and will continue to go, towards retirement until we are maxed out on our yearly contributions!

I estimated my take home pay to be $3400, so my budget was set at that amount. Happily, my paycheck was $3475. I took the extra $75 and sent it towards our credit card debt. It's not much, but every bit counts!

Here's to debt payoff and retirement. Oh yeah, and tax deferment!

No comments:

Post a Comment