Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Life Lately

Life has been crazy lately. Just like it has been for everybody else.

The Husband and I are always saying we would like our lives to slow down just a little bit, but as he said, we didn't mean for it to come to a screeching halt! LOL!

This virus is changing the world and changing the way the world is going to look afterwards.

For us, school was shut down on March 13th and I have been home since then, mostly not working. I have had a week full of meetings, but those have almost all been focused on plans for next year. Currently, our district is awaiting more information from the CDE before it decides how it wants to move forward. I'm super blessed because we are still getting paid so I am not losing my paycheck or having to worry about how I will pay my bills.

The Kids are (obviously) home. All of their various activities have been cancelled except dance (I'll get to that in a minute). No school. no FFA meetings or competitions, no baseball, no sleepovers, no hangouts, nothing. The Daughter is taking her dance classes virtually over Zoom. It's not ideal but it is a way that she can still be engaged and they can still provide something for the kids to do.

Another huge blessing is that The Husband is able to work from home. He regularly works from home one day a week but with the virus and the shelter in place directive in California, he is working from home every day. He works in an essential business and as such could go into work if needed, however because he CAN work from home, he gets too. Not all employees at his company are so lucky, many of them have to go into work to do their job.

Being home has allowed me a lot of time to relax and get caught up on life. It has given me the time to do so many things I had been putting off! I have: cleaned and spot treated my mom's vintage linens, done the same to her wedding dress, cleaned my house and stayed on top of laundry, had time to do bible study and scripture memorization every day, worked out or walked/run every day, worked puzzles, and watched movies with my family. The time we have gotten to spend together is priceless!

I'm very lucky, too because I plan my meals a month ahead. The grocery stores where we live have been crazy! We have not had to brave them much. We had all the food we needed for the month of March except perishables. We have produce deliver every other week and have for about 7 years. We have had to go to the grocery store mainly for milk and eggs. It's not been too bad.

I hope you are all staying safe and healthy during these turbulent times!

No comments:

Post a Comment